Kitten Division is a group that has banded together to form a rescue for the feline community within Pulaski County Missouri.
- Barbara Freeman – email@example.com
- Dianna Haedt
- Amanda Moore
- Candace Bliss
- Carmen Shackleford
- Jennifer Bressner
Short and Long Term Goals of Kitten Division
- Identify and manage feral colonies, including TNR (trap-neuter-return), with the assistance of volunteers within community.
- Utilizing foster homes for stray felines until an adoption center can be established.
- Provide a ‘pet pantry’ for those that simply need assistance with food and litter rather than abandoning their pet.
- Establish a feline adoption center to house adoptable felines.
- Establish a clinic with a veterinarian on staff for the use of Kitten Division, as well as other non-profit rescue groups, shelters and pounds in Pulaski County.
- Provide low-cost spay/neuter services to the low-income community, specifically targeting those that would not otherwise seek services from a local veterinarian due to lack of funds.
TNR – All feral felines will receive the following: spay / neuter, ear tip, 3-year rabies vaccine, FVRCP vaccination and de-wormed. They will be released back in the same location as found. Kittens under 12 weeks of age, if determined they can be socialized, will follow the procedure outlined for strays.
Strays – All friendly strays will receive spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, FVRCP vaccination, microchip, FIV/FeLV testing and de-wormed. They will be placed in available foster homes (eventually our own adoption center) and be made available for adoption.